2017 Election calendar
In 2017, Minneapolis residents will vote for Mayor; City Council (Wards 1 through 13); Board of Estimate & Taxation - elect 2; Park & Recreation Board At Large - elect 3; and Park & Recreation Board (Districts 1 through 6)
- Precinct caucuses are organized by Minnesota's political parties to begin selecting candidates for elections and to establish policy positions. More information about caucus activities can be obtained from the political party of your choosing, or via the Secretary of State's Office here. Minneapolis Elections & Voter Services, a non-partisan administrator of elections, is not involved in the caucus process.
- There will not be a primary for the 2017 Municipal Election; ranked choice voting eliminates the need for a primary.
- Election Day is Tuesday, Nov. 7, 2017
- Absentee ballots will be available starting Friday, Sept. 22, 2017
- Pre-registration deadline is Tuesday, October 17, 2017*
*If you miss the pre-registration deadline, you can still register and vote at the polls on Election Day.
Please see vote.minneapolismn.gov/voters/ELECTION-DAY-REGISTER
for the required proofs of address and identity.
Pre-registering saves time and the need to bring any additional documents to the polls.
See our calendar for more Elections & Voters Services events.