2018 Election calendar
In 2018, Minneapolis residents will vote for Governor, Lieutenant Governor, U.S. Senator, U.S. Senator (Special Election), U.S Representative District 5, Secretary of State, State Auditor, State Treasurer, State Attorney General, Supreme Court Justices, State Representatives, County Commissioners, County Attorney, District Court Judges, Sheriff, and School Board Districts 1, 3, 5 and 2 at-large.
- Precinct caucuses are organized by Minnesota's political parties to begin selecting candidates for elections and to establish policy positions. More information about caucus activities can be obtained from the political party of your choosing, or via the Secretary of State's Office here. Minneapolis Elections & Voter Services, a non-partisan administrator of elections, is not involved in the caucus process.
- The primary election will be held on Aug. 14, 2018
- Absentee ballots will be available starting Friday, June 29, 2018
- Pre-registration deadline is Tuesday, July 24, 2018*
- Election Day is Tuesday, Nov. 6, 2018
- Absentee ballots will be available starting Friday, Sept. 21, 2018
- Pre-registration deadline is Tuesday, Oct. 16, 2018*
*If you miss the pre-registration deadline, you can still register and vote at the polls on Election Day.
Please see vote.minneapolismn.gov/voters/ELECTION-DAY-REGISTER
for the required proofs of address and identity.
Pre-registering saves time and the need to bring any additional documents to the polls.
See our calendar for more Elections & Voters Services events.