College students


If you are a student living at school, you can choose whether to register at home or at school, but not both! If you are a Minneapolis resident attending school outside of the city, you can choose to vote in Minneapolis by absentee ballot.

As a Minnesota resident, you can vote with a Minnesota post-secondary student photo ID (if your school has provided a student housing list to the election officials) or a current student fee statement that includes your voting address (you will also need to show a photo ID with this.)

See the complete list of approved proofs of residence.

To learn more, see the Voting for Students informational flier from the Minnesota Secretary of State.

Minneapolis 311
Can Help

Contact Minneapolis 311 Monday–Friday 7 a.m.–7 p.m., weekends 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m. for election and other city information. From outside city limits, dial 612-673-3000.