Candidates for office

Filing for office

Minneapolis Elections & Voter Services only handles candidate filings for municipal elections and the Minneapolis School Board. The City of Minneapolis has a contract with Minneapolis Special School District No. 1 to administer elections on their behalf.

2018 Candidate Information Packet

The 2020 Candidate Information Packet will be uploaded to our website in April 2020.

Candidate filings

All affidavits of candidacy filed with Minneapolis Elections & Voter Services will be posted.

Candidate resources

Resources and tools candidates and campaigns may find useful for information about campaign finance requirements, Election Day regulations, key elections contacts, and voter education information.