Campaign signs need to follow local and state laws.
In the 2021 Municipal Election, Minneapolis ordinance states:
- Campaign signs may be posted in any size and quantity from Aug. 1 until Nov. 12, 2021.
- Signs cannot be posted on public right-of-ways. This includes boulevard trees and utility poles.
In state and federal election years, state law:
- Overrules local law from 46 days before the primary until 10 days after the general election.
- Allows campaign signs in any size and number.
The City enforces these laws. The City also takes action about any sign that:
- Endangers life safety
- Obstructs visibility in a road
- Obstructs traffic