Mail Ballot Application
Before you begin
To request an absentee ballot for 2022 elections, wait for the online absentee application to become available or use the downloadable application below. You must complete a mail ballot application to receive a ballot. You can return your application by email, mail, fax, or in-person.
Things to remember:
- You can print the application or complete it electronically - using a typed signature is allowed.
- Download the application before typing in your information.
- We recommend applying for a mail ballot at least 14 days before Election Day.
- We'll begin mailing ballots out when early voting begins.
- June 24 (State Primary)
- September 23 (General)
- It can take 7-10 days for your ballot to arrive in the mail.
- Once your ballot arrives, you'll need to return it to us by the required deadline.
Options for returning your mail ballot application:
- Mail or in-person: Minneapolis Elections & Voter Services, 980 E Hennepin Ave Minneapolis, MN 55414-1314
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 612-673-2756