Mail Ballot Application
Before you begin
To request an absentee ballot the 2024 Presidential Nomination Primary, use the online absentee application or download the paper application below (available in January 2024). You must complete a mail ballot application to receive a ballot. You can return your application by email, mail, fax, or in-person.
Things to remember:
- You can print the application or complete it electronically.
- Typed signatures are allowed but cannot be used to match voter signatures. Signature matching is only required if the identification number on the application does not match the mail ballot signature envelope.
- Download the application before typing in your information.
- We recommend applying for a mail ballot at least 7 days before Election Day.
- We'll begin mailing ballots out when early voting begins on January 19.
- Depending on where your ballot is being sent, please allow up to 7 days for it to arrive.
- Once your ballot arrives, you'll need to return it to us by the required deadline.
Options for returning your mail ballot application:
- Mail or in-person: Minneapolis Elections & Voter Services, 980 E Hennepin Ave Minneapolis, MN 55414-1314
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 612-673-2756